5 Basic Eye Make-up products which you should own in 2017

1/06/2017

Women these days like to doll up themselves but are so lazy to head out, what an irony right? I have been purchasing my clothes online for the first time in 2016. I am a late boomer, yes I know, but I have been buying everything else online. I simply couldn't afford any spare time to go shopping anymore and perhaps I also wish to avoid the crowd. Besides, shopping online have plenty of other benefits too.

11

Thankfully,  I've found Sephora Online for my make-up needs. Since my eye products are those that tends to have a shorter shelf life, I had to replace them rather frequently. I've just thrown away a bulk of my old eye make-up which had way past their shelf life or finished their service with me.
Dear readers, may i invite you to join my cult, and shop for your favourite eye products with me. Check out my Sephora Eye Make-up Haul.

Here, may I present to you the;
5 Basic Eye Make-up products which you should own in 2017
grp1

In Summary, these are the 5 products which I had selected for year 2017. They wouldn't last me for the whole of 2017 I am sure, but these are definitely the bunch that can see me through my day to day activities.

If you had realized, my loots are inclined towards the nude shades. The products which I had chosen are more towards beauty enhancing products, rather than loud and attention beauty grabbing products. This ties in with my personality and my idea of creating a more subtle and natural, everyday look.

♥ Benefit Cosmetics - Roller Lash Mini
♥ Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner in Trooper - Satin Black
♥ Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown - Rich Chocolate Brown
♥ Kat Von D - Lock-It Correcting Eyeshadow Primer - Fair
♥ Sephora Collection - Colourful 5 Eye Contour Palette - No. 1 Porcelain

1
1 ♥ Benefit Cosmetics - Roller Lash Mini

$21/40g
You might have already seen the picture of this Roller Lash Mini which I had featured on my instagram account. Compared to the full sized, this mini size is only 40g. It is great for those who wish to try the product for the first time if they had never used it before.
Sephora carry plenty of products in travel and deluxe sizes. I was quite thankful that I could lay my hands on this. I also loved how girlish the packaging looked, even before trying on the product. Its my first time using Benefit Lash products and I was rather happy with the turn out.

14

I used to be a big fan of Mascaras but I really dislike the Mascara removal process. I am glad that the Roller Lash Mini turned out to be easy to apply, no mess and no flaking mess, non smudging on the eye lids, except only a little at the bottom lashes, as my bottom lashes are very short. The mascara was also very long-wearing as they had promised it to be. It is also easy to remove using a water-based or oil based make-up remover.
Rating: ★★★★☆

6

2♥ Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner in Trooper - Satin Black

3♥ Kat Von D - Tattoo Liner in Mad Max Brown - Rich Chocolate Brown
$32 each

5

You might feel that I am cheating here because these 2, are similar products in different shades. Eyeliner had been my must have make-up, aside to BB Cushions and foundations. Eyeliners helps me to define my small eyes making them look sharper and more obvious.

I prefer brush typed eyeliners to gel, ink, crayons and pencil types because they are easier to apply on my lids and I can have an ease of control. I also prefer the finer tipped liners to the bulky pencil heads. I go for waterproof whenever I can so as to avoid the messy dripping mess after a downpour.
I've read so many positive reviews about this Kat Von D Tattoo Liner and I told myself I need to trust them and get both shades. I am a sucker for eyeliners and so I couldn't decide which shade to get. The black is pigmented and dark, great for defining the eyes and getting the bold look, while the brown shade is a more modern and playful shade suitable for casual days and natural no make up look, days.

13
Colour swatch

I 've tried both of them prior to writing this review and I loved how the brushes felt on my eye lids. Soft, natural brushes that gives off a really dark pigmented shade when applied on my eye lids. The eyeliner could last all day without touch up and did not smudge at all. Other than that, removal was also rather easy with any water based make-up remover.
I am quite sure I will repurchase this and that they will become my next holy grail product.

Rating: ★★★★★

4
4♥ Kat Von D - Lock-It Correcting Eye shadow Primer - Fair
$37

The eye shadow primer comes with a tiny sharpener attached to the end of your pencil.

3

16
Colour swatch

I am rather new to eye primers. I've used a face primer mist and other face primer products before but not an Eye shadow primer, hence it was really interesting to try out this product. The Kat Von D - Correcting Eye shadow Primer features 5 shades to match your different skin shades. It is meant for bringing out the true colours of your eye shadow products, making them long-wearing, similar to what a face primer would do to your face.

The eye shadow primer is like a powdered crayon, so it was really easy to apply just by gliding on my eyelids. I would also apply some of them to conceal my dark eye circles.

I do find my eye products more long lasting and the colour to my bright eye shadows tend to last longer with the primer, compared to when there was none. Application was also easier and smoother.
The eye shadow primer somehow also kept my lids dry as I tend to have an oily eye lid so I was glad the primer helped to hold my eye products in . Despite its effectiveness, the eye shadow primer is quite pricey, so you may want to consider to purchase it when Sephora runs a promotion.

Rating: ★★★☆☆
2

5♥ Sephora Collection - Colourful 5 Eye Contour Palette - No. 1 Porcelain
$36

12
Colour swatch

The first 2 shades are very close to my original skin colour, the 3rd and 4th appears slightly glittery and the darkest shade is a subtle brown. I like how the colour gradually increases its darkness and in tone.

I have selected the Porcelain palette which has the lightest tones to match my skin shade, there are 2 other palette (the light and medium) if you are of a darker skin shade. Eye shadows are common, but eye and face contouring is slowly creeping in these days. They have became more important as they help us better define our features.
I applied the colours with some help from the instructions at the back of the palette and it was quite amazing how it made my eye pop, yet giving me the subtle natural look unlike the regular eye shadows.

15

I have tried the 3rd glittery shade on my hands both with and without the eye primer, and it proves that the eye contour palette works so much better with the Eye Primer.

Rating: ★★★☆☆
7

Here is my final look with my 5 top picks for 2017 (I used the Kat Von D Black Eyeliner instead of the brown one for this look). I have also incorporated my basic skincare and other face and lip products to create the final look. Its a natural subtle everyday look.

10

We decided to bring the furkid out for an exploration trip since we had taken the day off to enjoy our long holiday.

9

That's me and my fur kid.

8

This is me after a day out walking in Coney Island, everything is fine except for a little smudgy eyes caused by the mascara on my lower eye lashes.

Shopping at Sephora is so easy and delivery is fast. There's no need to worry about broken cosmetics as all the products are nicely wrapped. Beat the crowd and grab these favourite picks of mine for yourself this new year.

Disclaimer: This is a collaboration post between Sephora Online and Pearlywerkz. Review of the products are honest and based on personal experience. All photographs on this site belongs to the property of Pearlywerkz. Please do not take them as your own. Do ask for permission if you wish to utilize them. This article is also published at pearlywerkz.wordpress.com, written by the same author.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024