Inspiring Stories: My Educational Journey Part 2

5/21/2016

Have you read part 1 of my educational journey?

After talking to my friends, "K" decided that she would not continue to study as her parents felt that for her to study in ITE is a very shameful thing for them and if their relatives come to know of it, she would feel very ashamed. She mentioned that she might find a job instead.

Decision made by Me & my friend "I"


For myself and "I", we decided to pick up whichever course we could in ITE. I took up the 2 year Secretarial course and "I" took up the E-commerce course. During my first year in school, I had very friendly teachers and I quickly made friends with them, although I was highly not popular in class. I had few close friends. People quickly distant themselves from me, either because I had good grades or because someone in class just didn't like it that they were being close to me. I don't know.. I start to think that maybe in my ITE life, I can just survive all alone by myself. I often had problems forming project groups and I would just take the "left-over"slots.

I taught myself how to be independent. The image of ITE students were so bad those days that we would often either hide away from the eyes of the public, or bring spare clothes to change. We didn't want to be seen in our uniforms.



Knowing my goals

I worked really hard, bearing in mind my goals (To get into a polytechnic) and I was very motivated to go into the Polytechnic. I did what ever additional CCAs, took up whichever volunteer work etc, so long as that would help me to boost my grades. I knew deep in my heart, that if I did well in ITE, I could still get a chance to study in the Polytechnic and I could even get into the Business Course. This was something I wanted very much and at that point in time. I knew that I had made a right decision to study in ITE. If I didn't choose to study in ITE and go through this additional 2 years, I would never have a chance to get into the Business Course because of the very low cut off points. My goal then was to get a good GPA, so that I could get into the Business Course and to complete the course in 2.5 years, instead of 3 years. ITE provided me a second chance. A chance to get into my dream course, and to prove that I can do well and that I am not stupid.

In ITE, I did very well in all my subjects and for every semester I was one of the tops in class. I was also offered several opportunities to be mentors in both of my CCAs. I do not see myself as a failure. I was seen by my classmates as someone who is hardworking and studious. I fought back strong and i graduated with a good score that allowed me to enter into my dream course for 2.5 years. It was a birthday wish come true, I got my admission letter on my birthday.



Have a thankful heart and never give up

I am extremely thankful for all the opportunities and guidance that my teachers had given to me in during my ITE days and the support that they had rendered me in my ITE educational journey.  They taught me to be more vocal, they trained me in my presentation skills and gave me the confidence whenever I did well in something. They inspired me to work for what I want. It turned out to be the best decision I have ever made.

Today, I have completed my ITE, my Polytechinc Studies and I am proud to be even a University graduate. All these doesn't come easy, but I am thankful for that I once failed, so that I can be successful in my life later. Without bitterness, one can never know what sweetness taste like. Those 2.5 years in the Polytechnic didn't come easy too, but they made me a better person and with all the decisions  I've got to make for myself, it mould me into a person who knows what she wanted in life.

The life skills which I gathered during my days in ITE has taught me to be a risk taker. I am now an independent woman with her own views and thoughts. I do not fear the decisions I've made but am able to survive through tough times with confidence.



★Do not feel dismay or upset if you fall down along your life journey.
★Cry, be upset and unhappy only for a short moment.
★Pick yourself up quickly, and make the right decisions that would help you.
★What others say is not important, the most important thing is how you see yourself.
★People may try all means to pull you down, they cannot succeed as long as you won't let them.
★The journey to success may be a long and lonely one but remember you'll always have your loved ones with you.

I hope my little educational story have inspired you this Vesak Day! Here's wishing all my readers a Happy Vesak Day and happy holidays!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024