Product Review: Cellnique No more black heads express kit

12/04/2015

Everyone knows I am a skincare junkie and I did say this before, if it's not good enough, I will not risk it on my face. I am really glad that over the years as a beauty blogger, I have learned to take better care of my face. I get to learn more about products that are available in the market and a little about their brand history. As someone with a sensitive skin, it is very crucial to apply only suitable products so as to ensure that you do not experience further skin irritation.

I was very surprised when Cellnique approached me to try out 2 of their latest products.
The very first question I had for them was, "Are your products suitable for sensitive skin?"

My doubts were cleared soon, as these products were only recommended to me later after an online consultation of my skin conditions was done to access my current skin condition. I guess it has became more prominent now, that people realize not to anyhow apply any products on their skin.

I also welcomed the idea of adding products into my current skin care regime and not changing everything. However, I do have the habit of using products totally on one particular brand rather than mixing and matching them around. I guess its a personal preference. What's yours?

My skin condition during the online consultation:

  • Oily T-zones
  • Black heads, white heads on my chin areas
  • Dry on cheeks
  • Slight skin eczema on the right cheeks


My current skin care regime consist of almost everything from Hada Labo, which ranges from the face wash, whitening toner and whitening milk. My make-up remover is from Bifesta and Sunscreen is from Face Inc.

I was then told to incorporate the 2 new products into my skincare regime, that is supposed to work on the excess sebum produced on my face to reduce the appearance of black and white heads. So let us look at the products separately.


The products prescribed was The Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel and Cellnique
Advanced Bio Renewal Masque
which is otherwise known as "No more black heads express kit".



Cellnique Skin Action Sebum Gel ;

  • is a phyto bio-engineering formulation gel for all skin types to reduce both blackheads and whiteheads on affected skin area without painful extraction.
  • daily maintenance gel also reduces oil secretion, leaving the skin clear and producing smooth visible results within 10 days of application
  Benefits
• Controls excessive sebum
• Reduces the formation of blackheads and whiteheads
• Reduces skin inflammatory
• Controls and prevents breakouts
• Increases skin moistures and improves skin elasticity
• Anti-irritation

Price
$77/30ml



The sebum gel has a slightly sticky texture. It is thicker than water and feels cooling upon application.The stickiness goes off after application on the face. You should apply this after your toner and you would notice at least a slight difference within about 10 days. This depends on your skin conditions and other products which you are using along with it.

I only started the new skin care regime after I returned from Melbourne, as I couldn't carry too many skincare with me flying on a budget airline. To my horror, my skin cracked up after the trip.


I love the cooling sensation when applied and I strictly use this only on my T-zone areas as I did not wish to end up with a drier cheeks. I applied only a small drop (as seen on photo) over my T-zone areas.

The initial few days, I did not felt much difference and thought that it failed to work. Towards the 2nd week of using it, I realized that my T-zone was less oily and I was having lesser break outs as I would have on quite a regular basis. I love the results.



Advanced Bio Renewal Masque;
this unparalleled clay mask is formulated with bio-captured fresh fruit enzymes and acids complex.
works effectively in exfoliating dead cells, optimizing cellular renewal performance and deep pore cleansing, thus revealing a softer, fresher and healthier skin.

Benefits:
  • Exfoliates dead skin cells and deep pore cleansing
  • Optimizes skin renewal performance
  • Slows down aging process
  • Instant lightening, brightening and whitening effects
Price:
$77/50g



The masque is clay textured, grayish white in colour, and have a very fruity smell as it contains papaya and pineapple extracts, similar to the Bio Med peel which I've used before. The first time I tried it I was afraid that I would experience a break up as I am fearful of exfoliating products being used on the sensitive skin. So, I avoided my cheeks and nose areas and applied it only on my forehead and chin.The results was satisfying. My forehead and chin felt clean. I did not see any skin irritation or redness after using.

The 2nd week, I applied it all over my skin as my cracked skin have recovered by now. My skin felt clean after the wash and I could feel that after the exfoliation, my skin was able to absorb my moisturizing milk better. My skin was brightened and whitened.



Overall, I love the masque more than the gel serum but both worked out for me when used together. My face is getting much better now using both products and having a regular facial totally helps!




 

Before you rush off to purchase the products, I am pleased to let you know that you can quote "DPPT15" to get a 15% off from products you have purchased from the Cellinique SG Website or Cellnique MY Website.



Check out the before and after look after using these 2 products and having a proper facial done. Taking care of your skin is so important. The before look was without any make-up and on the after look, I did applied some light make-up. I did realize that I had lesser pimples on my chin area and a less oily skin.

Thanks for taking care of my skin Cellnique!

Check em out!
Facebook: Cellnique
Instagram: @CellniqueMy


Be Confident, Be yourself.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024