Blog Meets SG 2 - The Nail Social

9/03/2015

After the 1st Blog Meet SG Event, I was all ready and hyped up to attend my second one. This time, it is being held at The Nail Social located along the streets of Haji Lane.





Who is The Nail Social?
 


They are a lifestyle nail salon that offers manicure, pedicure and foot massage services, drinks and snacks, as well as fair trade retail all housed under one roof. Enjoy their complete suite of offerings in a luxuriously intimate setting, including a personal iPad pre-loaded with movies, games, books and podcasts; as well as a complimentary glass of wine on Fridays and Saturdays. You'll also be glad to know that most products we will use, serve or sell in the salon will be non-toxic, eco-friendly, fair-trade and/or cruelty-free.

The Nail Social is a socially-conscious salon that was established with the aim of training and employing local underprivileged women with a higher barrier to employment, so as to help them progress from a position of vulnerability to security and self-sufficiency. We hope to continue to engage this segment of society for sustainable impact and positive results, and look forward to including these women as part of our core team.


They are are proud member of The Singapore Centre for Social Enterprise (raISE) and our concept has received support from the Ministry of Social and Family Services.

Information Credits to The Nail Social.

We were very privileged to be able to select to have an express manicure or pedicure done! As I previously had my gel-ish done on my hands, I decided to go for the pedicure. Many of them were singing praises of how beautiful my finger nails looked, they thought I had them painted already. 



Posing with The Nail Social pillow while waiting for my turn to have my pedicure done.



Featured here, Tracy's fingers in pink, Rena's in grey and my "Go for the Gold" toe nails, all courtesy of  The Nail Social. I love the gold but I guess I wasn't really suited for this colour as it was blending in with the colour of my skin.

By the way, Tracy is holding a bottle of CoCo Loco who sponsored us freshly squeezed coconut juice for the day. I love coconut drinks as they are the perfect non-sweetened thirst quencher! I have been hearing this brand for sometime now and boy, I was glad I got to try this. Love it to bits and I don't mind having this every day.





The talented and creative lady behind Moofy Pops made these cake pops for us. They looked so cute and irresistible. All of us were so reluctant to eat these cuties! Look at the effort and details that went into making these? If you closely to the right hand side, there is another one looking like nail polishes. 





If you can't see it properly, here's me trying to eat one. Yes no kidding, these are edible.


 
While I was fooling around with my "nail polish", I spotted Lucy and grabbed a photograph with her, she owed me one the previous round. Haha...



While mingling with the other bloggers, we got the opportunity to try making our very own and personalized lip balms by Shophouse Sixtyfive. I made one bursting with all the citrus flavours and I saw myself applying lip balm more often now. I love how naturally this was made with natural plant oil.


Spot the yummy-licious lip balm which can be applied on the hands as well. How versatile!




We got to bring home a bottle of the
Ayelli Pure and organic Argan Oil which is suitable for all skin and hair types. This is quite a decent sample! I've tried on my hands and hair. No oily after feel, only a shiny and smoother hair and moisturized hands. Argan Oil is so nourishing to the skin, try it if you haven't got a chance.



 Spotless had also given each of us a Clarifying Cleanser which contains AHA, Green Tea and Licorice Extracts. I have yet to try it, so till then, I shall not comment of it. Good news for all my readers! If you are thinking of getting any skin treatment creams, quote "Pearly" and get 40% off all your treatment creams!



I had lots of fun meeting many bloggers, such as this group, chatting and sharing.
Thanks ShutterSpeed Photography for capturing such a beautiful photo of us during the event and many other photograph too.



 
Thanks for such a wonderful time and to all the sponsors. Hope you have fun reading!
 
Cheers,
Pearly

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Copyright 2011-2024